Winmau’s Paul Nicholson will take on Michael van Gerwen in his opening match as MvG is bidding to win a fifth consecutive European Championship title.
Both men also met in the opening round of last year's Players Championships finals and the Asset will be keen to avenge that day's 6-2 loss.
The leading 32 players from the European Tour Order of Merit will return to Germany in Dortmund’s Westfalenhallle.
ProTour debutant Danny Noppert finds himself in 20th on the European Tour Order of Merit facing face World Champion and last year’s runner-up Rob Cross in a tough opening encounter.
Nicholson’s fellow Australian ace Simon Whitlock will face Steve Beaton in the opening round whilst, Mervyn King will play Steve West.
Daryl Gurney finds himself 11th on the European Tour Order of Merit with the aid of two semi-final and two quarter-final appearances this year and will face “Rapid” Ricky Evans.
Last weekend’s final event of the tour also saw Jelle Klaasen and Richard North claim their spots in Dortmund with runs to the quarter-final and semi-finals respectively.
The European Championship will be held across 25th - 28th October and will be broadcast live on ITV4 and through the PDC's worldwide broadcast partners.
(1) Michael van Gerwen v (32) Paul Nicholson
(16) Steve West v (17) Mervyn King
(8) Simon Whitlock v (25) Steve Beaton
(9) Peter Wright v (24) Jermaine Wattimena
(5) Joe Cullen v (28) Jelle Klaasen
(12) Michael Smith v (21) Steve Lennon
(4) Ian White v (29) Richard North
(13) Rob Cross v (20) Danny Noppert
(2) Mensur Suljovic v (31) Cristo Reyes
(15) Darren Webster v (18) Stephen Bunting
(7) Max Hopp v (26) William O'Connor
(10) Jonny Clayton v (23) James Wilson
(6) James Wade v (27) Martin Schindler
(11) Daryl Gurney v (22) Ricky Evans
(3) Gerwyn Price v (30) Kyle Anderson
(14) Adrian Lewis v (19) Dave Chisnall
Full details from PDC: https://www.pdc.tv/news/2018/10/14/2018-unibet-european-championship-draw